Dr Tim Dickson
BMed, MMed, FRANZCR
Tim Dickson gained his medical degree from The University of Newcastle in 2004 and completed internship and basic training at the John Hunter Hospital, Newcastle and two years as an orthopaedic registrar for the Hunter New England Health Service. After being appointed to the Queensland Orthopaedic training scheme Tim worked for two years in various public and private Brisbane hospitals and successfully obtained his part 1 examination in surgical training.
During his four years as an orthopaedic registrar, Tim gained valuable knowledge and skills in the various orthopaedic specialties including trauma, sports medicine, spine, arthroscopic and reconstructive surgery, arthroplasty and paediatric orthopaedics. Despite this Tim decided to switch career paths to Radiology and relocate to Melbourne to refocus on diagnostic imaging across the range of medical specialties.
With his strong background in orthopaedics Tim has a particular interest in musculoskeletal imaging, sports medicine and radiological assisted non-operative treatment methods/minimally invasive therapies.
Tim completed his radiology training at The Alfred Hospital in 2015 during which time he completed a 6-month subspecialty rotation at Melbourne Radiology Clinic in addition to subspecialty rotations in trauma, thoracic and lung transplant imaging, body imaging and neuroradiology.
Tim currently holds a position as a visiting medical officer at the Alfred Hospital in MR imaging. Tim is currently involved with a number of research projects with Dr George Koulouris. He has completed a Masters of Medicine (Radiology) through the University of Melbourne in the utility of MRI sequences in cervical spine clearance of trauma patients.
- Bachelor of Medicine, The University of Newcastle
- Fellow Royal Australasian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (2013)
- Masters of Medicine (Radiology), The University of Melbourne
- Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists (RANZCR)
- Australasian Musculoskeletal Imaging Group (AMSIG)
- The Alfred Hospital
- Redcliffe Hospital
- The Mater Adults and Children’s Hospital
- John Hunter Hospital
- Dickson T, Koulouris G. Acute posterior thigh pain in an athlete. Skeletal Radiol Oct 1, 2016.
- Dickson T, McMeniman M, Dhupelia S, Koulouris G. Australasian Musculoskeletal Imaging Group (AMSIG) annual scientific meeting (ASM). Skeletal Radiol Aug 10. [Epub ahead of print] 2016
- Conference Theme: Foot and Ankle Imaging
- Journal Club - Tim Dickson, Heath Tomlinson, George Koulouris AMSIG Auckland 2015
- Chest Xray Interpretation - Tim Dickson, Sam Ellis, Respiratory Nurse Symposium Alfred Hospital 2015
- An Audit of Cerebral Vasospasm secondary to Subarachnoid Haemorrhage in Intensive Care Patients - Tim Dickson, Anoop Madan, Josh Ihle VIC MSM 2013
- Clinical Guidelines for Septic Arthritis of the Paediatric Hip - Tim Dickson, John Walsh, Mark Shillington, Australian Paediatric Orthopaedic Society AGM 2009
- VAC dressing protocol for non-sealing surgical wounds and drain sites in total joint arthroplasty (A Pilot Study) - Tim Dickson, Andrew Myers, Hunter Orthopaedic Society Meeting 2006
- Metacarpophalangeal joint replacements post trigger finger release - Tim Dickson, Stephen Brindley, Hunter Orthopaedic Society Meeting 2006
- T. Dickson; A. Myers. VAC dressing protocol for non-sealing surgical wounds and drain sites in total joint arthroplasty (A Pilot Study) RACS Conjoint Annual Scientific Meeting 2008.
- Title: The utility of limited MRI cervical spine sagittal STIR sequence in conscious patients with a normal CT cervical spine
Supervisors: Will Maclaurin, Mark Schoenwalder
The Alfred Hospital
- Title: An Audit of Cerebral Vasospasm secondary to Subarachnoid Haemorrhage in Intensive Care Patients
Supervisor: Anoop Madan
The Alfred Hospital
- Title: Comparison of Arthroscopic Acromioplasty and Mini Open Cuff Repair versus Arthroscopic Acromioplasty and Cuff Repair
Supervisors: Peter Lau, Don Osborne
Royal Newcastle Centre, Newcastle
- Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology (JMIRO)
- Society of Skeletal Radiology (SSR) Research Committee: Young Investigator Travel Award (YITA)
ABSTRACT: "Clinical Findings and Imaging Appearances Of Angiomyomas"
to be presented at the SSR annual business meeting in Santa Barbara, California on Sunday, March 19, 2017
Australian Musculoskeletal Imaging Group (AMSIG) Annual Scientific Meeting, Melbourne, May 2017.